Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Welcome

Hello and welcome to this blog. I've not done something like this before, so we will both get to go on the journey!

My main interest in life has been metaphysics since my early teens. The question of how to be "in the world but not of it" has occupied me for a lot of that time, although it wasn't always phrased that way. In other words, how can the material of daily life be grist for spiritual development, "ascension" even?
As my journey has continued, I have revised my understanding of spiritual development and ascension many times, and expect to continue to do so. It is in the living of daily life, combined with a certain quality of observing the same that makes progress possible. Thus, the entries you will find will be a combination perhaps mundane events along with contemplating them in the light of Gurdjieff, Ospensky, and Mouravieff; those who's wisdom comprise a Way. It also comes from interacting with a group of like-minded individuals who can help you to see the things it is so easy to miss in oneself.
Thank you for joining this adventure
Blue Ibis

No comments: